Linton Makes History
Our President, Jill Wheeler has published her book!
Find out more.
Sunday 10 October 2015, 2-5pm
Annual General Meeting – See Below
AGM & Special Guest Speaker
Monday 21 September 2015 7.30pm
Formed in 1981, the Linton and District Historical Society was one of the first Historical Societies in the region. In 2013, it celebrates 32 years of promoting the history of Linton and district and making it more accessible to both locals and non-locals alike.
The district of interest to the Society includes Pittong, Happy Valley, Mannibadar, Piggoreet, Golden Lake and Pitfield, as well as the town of Linton.
The Society holds an extensive collection of paper records, photographs, memorabilia and artefacts that are accessible to members and non-members for research purposes. Nominal fees are charged for this service. more details
The Society conducts regular meetings, has regular Open Days, and publishes a quarterly newsletter, Society Notes. Its membership includes people who live in Linton or in the surrounding district, but there is a significant proportion of members who live well beyond the district, but who have family heritage in Linton. more details
The Society is the custodian of two historic buildings in Sussex Street, Linton’s main street, which are owned by Golden Plains Shire. Its headquarters is the Letty Armstrong Resource Centre, formerly Nelsons Undertakers, which the Society rents from the Shire and which it has restored and maintained since the 1980s.
The Society has also been the Committee of Management for the 1874 Linton Free Library next door since 1999.